CRNA – Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist Machias, ME
50K sign on bonus!
Salary $225k to start
We are looking for a Motivated CRNA to join our medical team full time in Machias, ME. Join our fantastic team in beautiful Down East Maine!
The CRNA provides the full spectrum of anesthesia care based on the needs of the patient, the surgeon, and the capabilities of the system in which the anesthetic will be provided. The CRNA consults with the operative surgeon prior to, during, and after the anesthetic to ensure patient safety. The CRNA acts as patient advocate and remains responsible for the patient during the entire perioperative period. The CRNA functions unrestricted, within the scope and standards of care established by the American Association of Nurse Anesthetist and, where appropriate, the American Society of Anesthesiologists, in accordance with regulations governing Advanced Practice Registered Nurses in the State of Maine. The CRNA reports to the Chief Nursing Officer and the Chief of Surgery.
• License to practice as a Registered Nurse in Maine
• License to practice as a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist in Maine
• Current verification in BLS, ACLS, and PALS
• Minimum of Master of Science degree in Nurse Anesthesia, doctorate preferred
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• Demonstrated ability to function independently
• Shared Call
• Formulates Anesthesia Care Plans for given patients (ASA Classification I-V)
• Selects, implements, and evaluates anesthesia management plans
• Implements the anesthesia plan employing the full scope of anesthesia practice to include both general and regional anesthesia
• Performs and utilizes associated procedures needed during the anesthetic management of the patient
• Evaluates the postoperative course of the patient
• Performs, within medically established guidelines, resuscitation of the newborn infant, child, or a