MUSC Health is seeking a highly skilled Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist to join our Regional Health Network (RHN) in an exciting leadership role. The chosen candidate will work in conjunction with MUSC Health’s Regional Director of Operations, and its RHN Medical Director of Anesthesiology to oversee CRNA services for nine regional hospitals located throughout the state of South Carolina.
The Manager of CRNA Services reports to the Director of MCP Anesthesia Providers and Support Personnel. The Manager of CRNA Services ensures the provision of his/her departments in collaboration with other health professionals in an environment that is respectful of others, accountable for outcomes, and adaptive to change. The Manager of CRNA Services is responsible for the planning and comprehensive operations of their Anesthesia division on a 24–hour basis.
Minimum Training, Education, and Experience:
· Graduate of a program approved by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs.
· Master’s degree in Nursing, Nurse Anesthesia, or a Health-related field required.
· Five years or more of clinical practice experience is required.
· Three years of progressive leadership experience in a CRNA setting is required.
· Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) or Doctor of Nurse Anesthesia Practice (DNAP) preferred.
· Insurable by the medical malpractice insurer of MUSC for the required limits.
Required Licensure, Certifications, and Registrations:
· South Carolina APRN licensure – CRNA
· Certified by The National Board of Certification and Recertification for Nurse Anesthetists (NBCRNA)
· Current Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) require either a certification from an American Heart Association (AHA) BLS for Healthcare Providers or an American Red Cross CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers and Healthcare Provider.